One of the most important aspects of home renovation is waterproofing, which ensures our safe use. Do you know the characteristics and types of housing waterproofing materials? Let's take a look at Xiao Bian today and hope to help you. Let's take a look.
Roof waterproof material has the following features:
1. The roof waterproof material is a viscous liquid before it is solidified. Therefore, it can not only be in the horizontal plane but also in the inside, yin and yang angles and various complex surfaces to form a seamless waterproof membrane.
2. The roof waterproof material does not need to be heated during use, which not only reduces the environmental pollution, but also facilitates the operation and improves the working conditions.
3. The waterproof layer formed by the roof waterproof material has a low self-weight and is particularly suitable for waterproofing of light roofs and the like.
4. The waterproof membrane formed by the roof waterproof material has great extensibility, water resistance and weather resistance, and can adapt to minor changes in the cracks in the base layer.
5, the coating of waterproof material, is the main material of the waterproof layer, but also can act as an adhesive, so the bond quality is easy to guarantee, and maintenance is relatively simple. Especially for the cracks on the grass-roots level, construction joints, rainwater, and penetrating pipes, etc., which are likely to cause leakage, it is convenient to carry out operations such as brushing and patching.There are three main types of roof waterproofing materials:
1, waterproof membrane, mainly used for engineering construction, such as roof, exterior wall, basement and so on.
2, 911 polyurethane waterproof material, containing volatile gas, construction requirements are strict, and expensive.
3. New type of polymer cement waterproof material. The material is composed of organic polymer liquid material and inorganic powder material. It combines the characteristics of high elasticity of organic materials and durability of inorganic materials. After coating, it forms a strong and tough waterproof coating film. This new type of material can perfectly integrate with the cement base surface, and it will not delaminate after long time. It is a common choice for household waterproofing.
Roof waterproof material selection
The choice of roof waterproof material does not mean that the better the material is, the better it is. According to the difference of the building, the proper material can be selected to achieve the best waterproof effect. Here's a quick look at the main points of choice for waterproofing the roof.
The roof is affected by various comprehensive factors such as mechanics, physics, chemistry, etc., mainly because the roof is exposed for a long time and directly affected by the atmosphere, freeze-thaw cycles, thermal expansion and contraction, and dry and wet changes. , as well as some sun, UV, ozone and other effects, as well as the role of frost, rain, snow erosion and weathering, as well as some structural structural influences, temperature difference, and the use of force-stretching waterproof membranes or coated tires during construction. The waterproof layer is in a state of high stress and can lead to premature damage to the roof. Therefore, it is necessary to select a material with good aging resistance and a certain degree of extensibility and high heat resistance. The choice of roof waterproof material should be selected polyester tire modified asphalt membrane, EPDM sheet or asphalt linoleum and other characteristics of the material.